Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Image of the Week: 'Silence'


Creative Process:

Inspiration for  this abstract mixed media collage came from this year's summer edition of the Silence magazine by Rituals.  I was given the magazine, when I purchased a Rituals' scented candle in their shop based at St Pancras International train station.

This is part of a series of abstract collages, which I plan to post weekly. I selected a section of the above image for a variety of reasons, e.g. colour, texture, layers, the 'silence' element. I found the process of layering lightly with orange, black and brown coloured pencils and felt tip pens therapeutic. 

2 comments:

  1. These textures remind of cloth and stone. A contrast of delicate and rough textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myrle
    Thanks for the comment - it is always valuable to receive feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Soul of a Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power

© Wadsworth Jarrell 'Revolutionary 1972' Private Collection On Saturday 22nd July, I took my family to the Tate Modern to see  ...